The SVCN Health and Wellbeing facet working group focuses on the delivery of the health and wellbeing aspects of the SVCN workstreams for veterans, to enable the SVCN to achieve its vision and mission statement.
The SVCN Health and Wellbeing Working Group Objectives are as follows:
A mapping of stakeholders/specialist veterans’ health and care services available in Scotland.
The focus of the mapping will initially be on mental health, in order to inform the Action Plan. This will include:
- purpose of each service provider/organisation and their current service delivery (considering appropriate standards/’kite marking’ of organisations)
- geographical coverage
- client groups
- commissioning models and identification of the associated funding streams
- considering the needs of hard to reach groups, and
- consider what has changed in relation to service delivery and access to services in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Action Plan
- Based on the findings of the service mapping, as well as published data and intelligence, the Action Plan will make recommendations on the future delivery of mental health services for veterans in Scotland. It will take into account the longer term plans for services currently funded by the Scottish Government, such as Veterans First Point and Combat Stress.
- The Health and Wellbeing Facet Working Group of the Network will develop and take forward the recommendations arising from the Action Plan.
- The Action Plan will also make recommendations for Scottish Government. This a deliverable from the Scottish Veterans Commissioner’s Health and Wellbeing Paper (2018).
Physical Health (at present out of scope)
Pain Management (at present out of scope)